About the REI Custom Program
Different Drummer by REI Creator Jeff Strong
Read about the development and application of REI in Jeff's book, Different Drummer: One Man's Music and Its Impact on ADD, Anxiety, ans Autism.
"This book should be on the shelves of anyone working with, or living with, people dealing with sleep, anxiety, aggression, attention, self-regulation, processing, and/or connection issues. This work is changing lives." A review on amazon.com
The REI Custom Program is The Only Completely Custom-made Auditory Program
We learned early on while developing the REI Custom Program that each person responds to a different type and level of stimulus. Our first formal institutional study in 1994 used custom-made recordings, employing the same protocol as our earliest research. That is, REI creator Jeff Strong performed live for each subject while the listener's responses were tracked. A recording was made based on this data. This recording was then played once a day and adjusted as the listener progressed.
This process has varied only slightly in the last 2 decades. Though Jeff rarely performs live for a client, our focus on customization is stronger than ever: We ensure you receive the progressive stimulation that meets your needs.
As you complete the REI Custom Program Intake process, we identify the major issues you face and create a map of the appropriate stimulation to meet your goals. We use sophisticated algorithms to assemble the proper rhythms for your first REI Audio Track; each subsequent track is created in 10-day intervals according to your progression through the program.
This ensures the most efficient and effective program possible. Indeed, this is where we excel: Custom stimulation for optimal client improvement.
Join the Thousands Who Have Successfully Used This Innovative Program
Since 1994, the REI Custom Program™ has been used successfully by tens of thousands of people from around the world. Our clientele consists of both children and adults who come to us with a variety of conditions, including:
- Asperger's Syndrome
- Anxiety Disorders
- Bipolar Disorder
- Learning Disabilities
- Pervasive Developmental Disorder
- Sensory Processing Disorders
- Sleep Disorders
- Traumatic Brain Injury
You Will Gain Significant Symptomatic Improvements with This Innovative Program
The unique composition and severity of your symptoms will be our guide in crafting your REI Custom Program. Symptom areas where we see improvements with the REI Custom Program include:
- Anxiety - Includes anxiety related issues.
- Attention/focus/hyperactivity - Includes attention-related issues including the classic symptoms of ADD.
- Behavioral issues - Includes issues such as aggression, compliance, tantrums, and others.
- Cognitive issues - Includes symptoms related to cognition such as memory, reasoning, and others.
- Language/communication - Includes issues related to language and communication including speech and writing.
- Mood issues - Includes general mood issues as well as symptoms of depression and bipolar disorder.
- Self-stimulatory behaviors - Includes behaviors such as rocking, flapping, toe-walking, vocal perseveration, and others.
- Sensory Processing - Includes sensory defensive and sensory seeking behavior.
- Sleep - Includes issues related to falling and staying asleep.
- Social Interaction - Includes issues related to social interaction and engagement.
Once you begin, the REI Custom Program's interactive online platform and tracking ensures that you are always getting the stimulation that you need based on your real-world performance. Remember, each new track of your program is dynamically engineered in response to your weekly progress.
In the case of the CD-based program, you initially receive 2 CDs. We make additional CDs based on your response to these CDs.
You may change audio formats at any time during the process. Simply let us know and we'll make the switch for you.
REI Custom Program Is Easy to Use
Once you complete the intake, your online program is available almost immediately. CDs take 2-3 days to ship.
Implementing the program is easy:
- Play the designated REI track or CD once a day.
- Choose the same time or a different time each day, whichever fits your schedule.
- Play the track quietly in the background while the listener engages in a quiet activity (reading or being read to, playing, eating, going to sleep, etc.). There is no need to actively listen to the music or to use headphones.
- Keep a daily log of responses to the recording (either through your online REI Data Center or, if you are using CDs, the included tracking booklet).
- Check in with us at the recommended intervals. In the case of the online program you receive an email every ten days asking you to complete your track adjustment feedback. For CDs call or email us at 3 weeks and again at 5 weeks.
- Contact us anytime you have questions or concerns.
Remember: With the REI Custom Program, there is no need for any special equipment or even headphones (though you can use headphones if you wish). You simply play your session through any device.
The REI Custom Program is a Complete Solution
Whether you experience persisent sleep problems related to insomnia or attention issues associated with ADD or you face a more complex diagnosis of autism or sensory processing disorder, we will create the optimal program for you to accomplish your goals at one attractive price.
The complete REI Custom Program can be purchased as a six month payment plan of $89 per month. We also offer the option of one upfront payment of $480.60 - a 10% discount.
You will receive 2 new dynamically-created tracks each month for six months. These 12 tracks have been found to be the optimal level of progressive stimulation for an REI Custom Program.
Our research shows that it typically takes 10-12 weeks to see significant symptomatic change. Once gains begin, they progress and expand as you continue through the program.