Most of our clients come to us with problems sleeping. These sleep issues take one or more of 4 forms:
- Difficulty falling asleep. Winding down and transitioning to sleep, is the most common sleep issue we see and is one that is easy to improve . REI can address this with with either the Sleep Rhythms CD or choosing the sleep category in Brain Shift Radio. Or check out the second video below for a free transition to sleep drumming performance.
- Waking frequently at night or too early in the morning. This is a more profound and challenging sleep issue because it requires changing sleep overall patterns rather than simply helping someone transition to sleep. Our REI Custom Sleep Program or all-inclusive REI Custom Program is your best option to accomplish this goal.
- Having trouble waking up in the morning. Morning grogginess is often a sign that you are not getting enough sleep or you’re not getting quality sleep. If you’re setting your alarm and are only getting a few hours of sleep and you can’t schedule more time, try using either the focus or brain boost categories in Brain Shift Radio to get your brain going in the morning. If you have plenty of time scheduled for sleep and still wake up tired or are slow to get going, your sleep may be disrupted and may require changing sleep overall patterns rather than simply helping you get your brain in gear. Our REI Custom Sleep Program or all-inclusive REI Custom Program is your best option to accomplish this goal.
- Being tired during the day. Chronic grogginess or fatigue may suggest your sleep is not restorative. In this case, you need to optimize your sleep patterns. As with night-waking, this can be done with our REI Custom Sleep Program or all-inclusive REI Custom Program.
Here are 3 resources to help you understand how complex REI drumming can improve sleep
1. This video describes how we approach sleep issues using complex REI drumming rhythms:
2. Here is a video with me playing rhythms to help you transition to sleep:
3. Here is an article on the science and history behind using complex REI drumming to improve sleep: