The SI Series 8-CD set focuses on Sensory Integration (SI) to aid in supporting optimal sensory function. This set is designed with the Sensory Integration professional in mind.
The CDs in this set can be used during SI exercises or in between SI sessions and focuses on four primary sensory areas - auditory, proprioception, tactile, and vestibular.
Clearly written instructions are included, allowing these CDs to be effectively used with minimal training. You can also download the REI SI Series rating scale that helps determine which CD and track to use. You can find the SI Series Rating Scale here and complete SI Series Instruction Maunal here.
The SI Series CD set includes:
• Auditory: Hyper Sensitive is for people who are over-sensitive to or bothered by sounds.
• Auditory Hypo Sensitive is for people who are unresponsive or seek auditory input.
• Proprioception: Hypo-Sensitive is for people with lack of awareness of their body and are calmed by deep pressure.
• Proprioception: Grading of Movement is for people who have dificulty modulating their movement, or who are uncoordinated.
• Tactile: Hyper Sensitive is for people who have an aversion to light touch and react in a negative emotional way.
• Tactile: Hypo Sensitive is for people who are unresponsive to touch, or who have poor tactile discrimination.
• Vestibular: Hyper Sensitive is for people who get motions sickness easily or are anxious by their movement in the wold.
• Vestibular: Hypo Sensitive is for people who seek physical movement and often take excessive risks while playing or moving.
Each CD in this set contains 3 approximately 20-minute long tracks. Choose one track to play during sensory exercises or between sensory integration therapy sessions. Choose your track based upon the following criteria:
• Track #1 contains the least amount of stimulation. Choose this track for people with the most severe level of hyper-sensitivity or the lowest level of hypo-sensitivity.
• Track #2 contains slightly more stimulation. Choose this track for people with a moderate level of hyper-sensitivity or hypo-sensitivity.
• Track #3 contains the most stimulation. Choose this track for people with the most severe level of hypo-sensitivity or the lowest level of hyper-sensitivity.
Click here to download the SI Series Rating Scale or the complete SI Series Instruction Manual here.
8-CD Set Price: $265.00 Includes free shipping.
Download Price: $225. Includes PDF of booklet with instructions
Sign up for our newsletter and receive a free neurological calming audio download. Enter your name and email address today. It's free and you can cancel at any time.
"We use the REI SI Series CDs as an additional modality during regular treatment sessions in our clinic with our children with sensory processing disorder. We were able to document an impact on sensory processing during the very first session when using the CDs.
"We were working with a 5 year old boy, who insisted on starting every session with at least 15-20 minutes of rotary input, prone in the “Frog Swing”. This had been going on for weeks. He was really “stuck” in a cycle of craving vestibular input; his brain was not yet integrating the information.
"We started a session with the “Vestibular: Hypo Sensitive” CD, having the CD playing as he walked into the room. For the first time in weeks, he was responsive to the therapist’s request for choosing a new starting activity. He chose to do a jumping and crashing activity, which he repeated for at least half the session, exploring and enjoying the proprioceptive input, as he had not done before.
"Clearly this was in response to the REI input. From then on, he was able to vary his treatment sessions without craving repeating sensation for long periods of time.
"We are quite impressed with the impact of the input from the REI SI Series CDs when we use them in conjunction with our regular therapeutic tools and techniques and are continuing to expand their use in our clinic." Jane Soodalter, MS OTR/L Co-Director, Westchester Occupational Therapy Associates, Armonk, NY