Focusing Rhythms contains specialized rhythms and rhythmic techniques that have been shown in clinical trials to aid in increasing focused attention – in most cases taking just a few minutes to achieve. Focusing Rhythms is especially effective for people who experience problems maintaining focused attention or for anyone who just wants some help sustaining their attention on a specific task.
Focusing Rhythms has three tracks on it, each with a slightly different effect. All of them will create neurological calm but one may work best for you in one situation over another. Focusing Rhythm includes:
* Track #1: This track provides a general focus accompanied by mild calm for people anyone with a need to focus better.
* Track #2: This track adds an element of deep centeredness for many people and is especially effective for high anxiety, impulsive listeners.
* Track #3: This track creates a more intense focus and is especially effective for people that have exceptional difficulty focusing. It is also the most appropriate track for low arousal, inattentive types.
Focusing Rhythms can be used several ways:
* Jumpstart your morning. Many people with attention issues have a difficult time transitioning from sleep to their day. Playing Focusing Rhythms first thing in the morning helps organize your brain and get you going.
* Play it before you need to focus. Simply turn the recording at a low volume before you need to focus, such as before a test or before doing work that requires your attention, and begin once the recording is over.
* Play it during your task to keep you focused. Play this CD as you work. The volume is critical for this purpose - if it’s too loud it will keep you from being able to focus because it will distract you. Set it at a volume where it won’t be “listened” to. It only needs to be loud enough for your “primitive” brain to hear it. This means it should be quiet enough to fall below your awareness after just a couple of minutes.
* Recharge your day. Many people with attention problems also have low energy, especially in the afternoon. Playing this CD when you feel tired will give you a boost by activating your brain.
This CD is effective for both individuals and groups. Price: $35. Includes free shipping. The download version is only $29.
Sign up for our newsletter and receive a free neurological calming audio download. Enter your name and email address today. It's free and you can cancel at any time.
"I have been trained in many 'listening' and music programs - and, to date, I have had the BEST therapeutic effect with REI. It is, by far, easier to implement than any other program, and from my perspective it has the most benefit and positive therapeutic changes!" Theresa Garrison, OTR Occupational Therapist
"Let me say how much I enjoyed the training program! I loved all of the information and the format you used to present it. I have been through other 'sound' training programs and this was by far the best. I am excited to begin using REI." Deb Wellmes, SLP Speech-Language Pathologist
“My experience REI has been overwhelmingly positive. It’s not a silver bullet...but there have been positive changes with every patient who’s used it.” Lisa S. Matthews, OTR Occupational Therapist